Monday, October 08, 2007

Sambhali Volunteer report by Sophie H., 2007

Report by Ms. Sophie Hansel, Volunteer from Germany in 2007


1.General information about the project and its aims

Govind Singh Rathore, 24 years old, is the founder of the project “Sambhali”.
He works in a family run Guest House, so that he has been in contact with foreigners from other cultural backgrounds since childhood. Govind decided to start a project as Indian in India to do something good for his own society and especially for women of the dalit community, also called the untouchables, who have a weak position towards their husbands and families. His intentions are to help the females to become more outspoken, especially when they are abused in a mental or even physical way by their husbands, brothers, uncles as well as mothers in law etc. The girls are to learn to speak up for themselves and openly ask for a change, for a compromise, for help. Govind wants them to recognize that they are not alone but a large number of people with similar problems who can create a unity, a network.
In Hindi language the name “Sambhali” stands for the self-consciousness of women.
In April 2006 Govind founded the project “Sambhali co-operative society limited Jodhpur” with the help and cooperation of 15 other people. Very soon, Govind realized that this special kind of association would not work for his interest because everybody out of this group tried to influence the process in a very different way. A status of stagnation spread very soon so Govind decided to leave the group.
Despite this experience he gave it another try as the participants had already made a great progress and in result were asking for continuing with the program. Basic English, art& craft, and health and hygiene had been part of the program already. Therefore, the groundwork had been achieved in many ways.
Mainly with the help of friends from the U.S.(ms. Niina haas and jeniffer oas, sambhali international,Arizona, usa)financially but also with a great amount of know-how Govind started the “Sambhali Trust – a non profit Charitable organization” in January 2007. This time only 4 people are involved
Govind wants the women to get a voice, to speak up for them and to learn how to cope with their new freedom. Of course, this takes a lot of work and cannot be achieved in a few years only. But it has to start at some point.
To fight this status of the particular goal of the project now is to give the participants some basic education in literacy, math’s and English language. In top of that the founder likes the girls to learn some skills they can use to earn money with and by that become financially independent from their husbands and families if necessary.
(Have a look at http://sambhali-trust.org/projects/empower women/ index.html).
The project has its seat on the roof of the family run hostel in Jodhpur, Rajasthan. The founder saved one large rooftop with a wooden roof over it and in top of that he built a new workshop room.
The Sambalhi is working as a Trust project for about 9 months now and it has already reached lots of its aims. But nevertheless there are lots of things, which will be done soon, and lots of things which need to be done soon.


2. about me, the volunteer, my motivations and expectations

2.1 Introduction, motivations and expectations

My name is Sophie Haensel, and I’m volunteering in the Sambhali Trust project from October 2007 to January 2008.
I’m 18 years old and I just finished school in Germany, where I come from.
I’m here now, because I wanted to do something useful, something which could help some body who needs it in any way. I grow up in a Christian family, but I’m always open to new things. About a year ago I started thinking about traveling to India and about how I could help over there. I started looking for an organization which could send me to this fascinating country. The “Nothelfergemeinschaft der Freunde” was the answer to my necessities. They told me about some projects in India and I decided to go to Jodhpur- the Sambhali trust project. There were lots of reasons for this. First of all is, that I was interested in this kind of work! I liked the idea of helping the Dalits, especially young woman, to get some education. So I looked for some information on the website of the project and I liked it very much as well. I got in contact with Govind Singh Rathore, who told me a lot about his work with the girls and about the duties and possibilities I would have if I join in the project. He was very open minded and told me that he is always grateful to new ideas. I was of the impression that he takes his job really serious. He helped me to organize my trip to Jodhpur.
I was pretty interested in India, the country where I wanted to spend my stay abroad, among other things because it is a country which unites even extreme contrast. Something which I think is really important for me is to get to know and to integrate myself in other cultures to gain personal experiences. India there for is the best possibility. Such a multitude of cultures like in India can probably not be found in any other country of the world. More over, I always wanted to go to Rajasthan, this amazing part of India, about which I heard so much from my friends.
For my occupation desire, non-medical practiceoner, the stay in India is going to be a big enrichment too, because you can get to know the source of Far Eastern treatments. Although I grow up with the Christian religion, the multitude of the religions practiced in India was another reason for my decision too. I think for understanding your own religion and to find yourself, it sometimes is necessary to experience other religions and other ways of life. I hope that I will meet the openness and the joy of live in India of which some friends of mine told me about, and which I often miss in Germany.
An other motivation to spend my time in India and to do social work there is, that I don’t want to be content with my habituation to the standard of living in Germany, but to estimate it and to help the people at least a little bit out of poverty.
Often people say to me that I can’t do anything against the unjust distribution of prosperity in the world and the poverty in the developing countries. But I am of the opinion that I have to start with little things and do everything possible for me to cause little changes. If more people act like this, there will be bigger changes some time. A strong appeal for me is also the practical activity. After 12 years of theoretical education I would like to be active also in a practical and physical way and maybe to improve my ability to bear responsibility. I hope that this experience will make me more self-confident in my opinions and in my life.
India is the right country to fulfill my desires and ideas and I mostly hope that India isn’t only enrichment for me but that I am an enrichment for the Indian people and for the work the “Sambhali Trust Project” is doing.


2.2. First impression (three days after arrival)

Arriving at the Durag Niwas Guest House I was surprised by a warm welcome! Most of the girls were there. A little bit shy, but I think mostly curious and most of the time giggling they introduced their selves- faultless. After that they showed me their rooms- the classroom and the terrace on which they do their work sometimes or have lunch. I had my first chai! Govind told them some things about me and I asked them to ask me any question, everything they are interested in. But even than, I had to notice, that in front of men the girls are very shy. I arrived at 14.30pm, that’s why I only had a few moments with the girls before they went home, but in those few moments I realized that some of them have a really strong personality, others were reserved and two of them weren’t even able to look into my eyes. But all of them were nice and polite. I enjoyed watching how they were joking and laughing together. Later that afternoon Govind told me something about the girls’ situations at home concerning their families, that they have to clean the hole flat, send their brothers to school, make breakfast for their fathers and so on before coming to the project at 10.30 am. I think, if it is like Govind told me and how I imagine the situation, it is a wonder that the girls seem to be so happy and relaxed in the project. The next morning I had some time with them alone. I asked them for their names again (it is hard for me to get them all in this short time), I asked them how old they are, how many brothers and sisters they have, and after 5 minutes of talking I was of the impression that we are already friends. We started repeating some of the things they did with Johanna (the volunteer who was here before me). For example: colors, time, animals, house inside and outside- stuff like that. I tried to include all of the girls in our talk, but it was quite difficult, because some of the girls don’t want to speak English in front of a person they don’t know and some of them aren’t even able to speak English. Nevertheless we had a good time and they opened to me (no more problems with looking in my eyes and smiling). The girl’s level of speaking is not that high, it could be, but if you remind them of some things they recognize a lot of words and constructions. Yesterday I taught them a song: “If you’re happy and you know it, clap your hands”
This was wonderful! They all joined in, stamped their feet with enthusiasm and we did it again and again and again. After that they did some manual labor. Some of them are really talented. Their embroidery, flowers and stars are amazing! The most touching moment for me was while I played some songs to them on my violin. They looked up to me with eyes wide like plates and their mouths open. They were so grateful for such a little thing.
Someone told me, that the work I’m going to do in the project is useless and yeah, it is a trop on a hot stone if you look at it from a global position, but if you have the possibility to teach someone to think for himself, to make him more open minded, to show him his possibilities, and, the most important thing from my view, to get some more love and sunshine in his life (and I think the girls really need this cause the walls around them seem to be that high that the sun hasn’t such a big chance to come in) you just have to try it. You have to start somewhere (the founder of this project did a great start) and maybe some day the project will not only take roots but also fruits. And I’m happy and grateful that I have the chance to join in the growth.


3. Programs

3.1. Programs offered at the moment

At the moment, there are three different classes, plus one extra class. The first class is taught by Tamanah Borana, a local woman, who’s employed to come to our project from Tuesday to Thursday from 11:00am to 1:30am to teach the girls Art and Craft, which means: Embroidery, Patchwork, Toy making, Stitching, Appliqué and Block printing.
The second class takes place from Friday to Sunday from 11:00 to 1:00. The content is Basic English. We arranged it that way that we start with some singing for warm up and continue with repetition, of what we learned the day before. After that the actual studies start, which we often try to connect to some interesting themes, like Geography, Environment, basic Biology, Water resources, water cycle and so on.
The third class is a class offered to those girls, who are already going to school, but who want to come to improve their English after school. There also, Basic English is taught, and we try to combine it with other interesting things. Of cause literacy is always important.
For one of our girls, Monica (have a look at 5.2), we have an extra English class, cause she goes to school and her exams are coming.
This is the regular program which is complemented by other activities or lessons from time to time. For example there are some lectures about Child and adolescent health, how to prevent illness (early weaning, breast-feeding and personal hygiene); HIV and Aids prevention. More over we did and do some cooking demonstrations and Sessions to discuss equal rights to men and women, sexual harassment, teasing, child marriage, treatment of women under custody. Of cause we have Family planning as a subject from time to time, as well as we are going on some cultural trips.
Despite this smashing big program, we want our girls first and foremost, to have fun while learning. One way to this is to teach them through games and music, which we try to realize in most of the lessons.
As you can see in the timetable (appendix), there is some time everyday requested to do some repetition, but also some dance. This is one of our irregular subjects too, and the girls enjoy it pretty much. We often practice it, meanwhile the teacher, Mukta, Govinds’ wife, has so much things to do, that she cannot find the time to teach everyday, or week, regular.
Important is also the time that we sometimes take of to do some things young women usually do, like: drawing henna and talking about our favorite actors. These are things, for which the girls usually don’t have time at home.

3.1. What we are planning to realize soon
Although we already have many things to do, we would love to have some sessions with themes like malnutrition, caloric values of different products and nutrition in general, How to deal with money, Immunization, Tobacco consumption and our health, diagnosing minor ailments and its treatment, difference in male and female body parts and the menses cycle and safe period. More over we are thinking about organizing a First Aid Training for our girls. We hope and think that discussing all those themes will help them and make them thinking about how they live at the moment and whether they could change something, maybe.
Besides all those subjects we are planning to produce bags with the skyline of Jodhpur on it, which would show, where the bags are from. They will have the sign of our NGO on it as well, so that everyone can see, that buying them is for a good purpose. This may bring some money in the NGO, as well as the “henna for tourists” offer, we are planning to realize, will. Our girls are doing great henna, and they could do it for much less money, than the tourists have to pay in the city. I think, especially western women will love it.


4. What goals have been accomplished so far

4.1. M.S. Johnes’ (Volunteer before me) over all conclusions from the project

My work in and on this project comes to its end now.
I got the chance of being part of something wonderful really. The girls are precious human beings and every time I look at them I come to realize how vulnerable they are. Because of this very reason it should be priority to be sensitive, to give love, and to push them in a supporting way instead of telling them all the time how stupid they are. They can achieve great things if people put their trust and believe in them and eventually there is enough power to be strong enough to take the next step into society, which in fact doesn’t appreciate them very much by nature. Some of them are afraid. They prefer not to take the next step. Nevertheless, they can do great things in their community as well. So the education part is not wasted by any means. They are the next generation to come. It would be a great loss in progress to miss out on them just because some of the girls have different priorities in life and don’t push for the highest educational goals possible. So another goal next to giving them the best education possible is to transport moral virtues and norms in order to make good human beings out of them. In the long run it makes them stronger as people don’t like to be cheated and in consequence put their trust and help and friendship into those characters who are good by nature, who don’t lie, who take others and their problems seriously, who help people in need. This again helps creating trust among community members in general and this way they might find the inner strength and will to go out and fight against boundaries, to fight for equal opportunities and chances.
I had to realize that there is a great gap between the girls’ abilities. Some are eager and learn fast and some see the project as a way to miss out on duties at home. It is not that easy working under these diverse conditions. Nevertheless, I think I managed the work in a quite satisfying way considering the fact, that I didn’t have real teaching experiences before – organizing class not only for one class period but on a constant level over weeks, managing to make the students follow instead of boycotting and not paying attention at all means. I didn’t say I had it easy. But for some reason I enjoyed working with those girls very much – they appreciate, they are not spoiled by modernity simply because they cannot afford it, they enjoy relationships with others as this is all they have really but because of this they seem to know how to take care of it as well. First you have to prove yourself trustworthy though. They have difficulty to open up in the beginning; it is especially difficult if outer circumstances collide with their traditions and religious beliefs. For instance, a man will always have more difficulties as a woman teaching just because of the sex. This doesn’t mean though he will not be able manage. This simply means he will have to put more effort into it, especially in the beginning of getting to know them. I am sure professionalism will win in the end though.
My only advice be yourself, be strong, go your own way, be adventurous and open-minded towards the girls and next to all the duties try to have as much fun as possible – don’t ever regret.

4.2. What happened so far from my point of view since January 07

4.2.1. facts and dates

- 16-01-07 Sambhali Trust’s Deed was formed in Jodhpur with the registration number: 2007000394 and PAN as AAGTS4253B
- 20-01-07 Memorandum of understanding between Sambhali Trust and Sambhali international (Arizona) on the 20th day of January, 07
- 07-03-07 Sambhali Trust applied for FC - 1A ( Foreign Contribution ( Regulation) Act .
- 01-04-07 Sambhali India, a handicraft company (reg. with the government of India; import and export license, number:1307000614, PAN as AAJFR4369L; VAT pay company, VAT number: 08722559162; legal bank account) was formed in Jodhpur as a platform to provide jobs to the participants of the Sambhali Trust who were good at art and craft.
- 15-04-07 building of a hall for workshop with the support of Mr. Bill MacArthur from the Brooksville fund, USA and with the credit support from Mr. Max Lehmann from Switzerland
- 24-04-07 Memorandum of understanding between Lonely planet foundation and Sambhali Trust
- 22-08-07 Memorandum of understanding between Sambhali international (USA) incorporated and Sambhali Trust
- 15-09-07 applied for registration of the Sambhali Trust with the Sahayak Ayukt Devsthan Vibhag at Jodhpur, registration number: 14/2007/Jodhpur.
- 03-10-07 Sambhali Trust applied for registration of 80-G certificate (tax exemption receipt for India)

4.2.2 Volunteers and impressions
Sambhali Trust has made a big, big step since January 2007. Lots of people were interested in our Trust and supported in every generous way.
13 of our Students are in school now, through our literacy program, some of them have never been to school in their life. The founder of the Trust found some interested people to sponsor the participants to get education from the contacts he made with travelers and friends staying at his Guest House for tourists.
About 20 participants are coming for everyday lesson at our workshop which is helping to empower women and girls from untouchable community. (Information on lessons is given at point no.3.)
About 15 participants (aged 6 to18) come every evening for extra English classes- after school, at our workshop.
Five of the participants already got jobs, for example in hospitality industry.
Since January 2007 there were three volunteers (M.S. Gemma West, M.S. Johanna Johne, M.S. Sarika Joshi) with us and now I have joined the project work for three months and most probably longer. More over there is a regular handicraft teacher (M.S. Tamanah Borana) with diploma of art and craft from Jodhpur polytechnic college. A few other local artisans joined in as teachers from the beginning of the NGO, but they were not up to the expectations of the participants and the founder. In the end of October M.S. Amanda Humphries will come to help, two other volunteers will come in January 08, M.S. Ellie Warner and M.S. Karine and M.S. Charlotte from March 08 to May08. So many people who stayed at the guest house or were just interested in such kind of work, joined in the lessons, and helped us with new ideas and advices, or just with being there and talking to our girls, which helps the participants to know the outside world. This is quiet important for the girls and our work with them, because we want to show them their possibilities. Sambhali Trust well wishers had fund raise program organized at a private party in Liverpool, UK by M.S. Julie and her friend M.S. Linda,from which 2 particpants were sent to school. A fund raise has also been planned in Virginia this year in November by SI (USA)Inco.
All this help of nice and engaged people has changed a lot. Now a day our girls are pushing cars and fighting for their rights opposite both, men and women, inside and outside their community if it is necessary. In contrast with the beginning of the program, when the girls showed up shy and quiet, when they did not look into anyone’s eyes, the change they made could be called amazing.
An example for them opening themselves to the world is the folk dance performance they gave in front of Jodhpurs’ district magistrate, commissioner, and other senior officials.
They learned to be united, and to be strong in the community of the project. They stand up for each other, for their work and for the family, which means already a lot for an Indian woman in general, but especially for the girls from the untouchable community. ( have a look at 5.1. )
They enjoy going to cinema, or doing sports in the frame of the lessons and we even have the possibility to get one of our lovely girls on the catwalk of a local fashion show in Jodhpur. This, for me, is almost unbelievable.
More over you can see the raise in the level of education, self-confidence, self-esteem, personality development, and other activities that the participants have gained, which I can tell out of the reports of the volunteers and affiliates and which has been confirmed by what I saw in the last 10 days.
Some of the girls are doing big steps towards finding a good job; they have hopes and dreams about their future, which I hope will come true.
Govind already started to make dreams come true, among other things with guiding the girls on their way to financial independence. Therefore, not only English, art and craft and other fundamentals are taught, but he established a little shop in his Guest House also, where they can sell their embroidery, patchwork, toys and the other things they are producing in classes.
Of cause there will be always many things to do and to improve, but so far, the changes and gains are amazing and, and trust me, I can tell, touching!




5. About the girls

5.1. Their situation at home and in their community

The untouchables or also called Dalits. Members of this group are not even worse being in the caste system. They are outcasts and avoided by society.
Why did we chose to work with the the Harijan women?
Untouchables, also called Harijan, have traditionally occupied the lowest place in the caste system of Hindu India, although there are also Harijan associated with the Muslim, Sikh, Buddhist and Christian faiths. They were called "untouchable" because they were considered outside the confines of caste. Their "impurity" derived from their traditional occupations.
In India today, with a population of over 1 billion, the Harijan, or "Scheduled Castes" make up approximately 18% of the total population of the country. Traditionally, they are prevented from doing any but the most menial jobs and receive little or no formal education. Caste is a rigid social system in which a social hierarchy is maintained from generation to generation.
For them getting a job and a regular income is not easy and still they have to cope with traditional requests (dowry – girls family has to pay for presents and for the wedding ceremony) just like any other Hindu as well. As the financial situation is very bad in this particular group of society, the pressure is very high on the families also because of mortgage credits taken by them, which they in turn put on their women, daughters or daughters in law. The jobs which the family members have are absolutely not well paid. This is where Govind wants to make a difference. Often times, the girls have had a very difficult life so far, a lot of bad experiences and the feeling of being powerless and in consequence hopeless also. For example: lots of our girls’ fathers are married twice or have even three wives. Arranged marriages in young age are not a rarity. Although the women play key roles in family-life and in traditions also, they are always inferior to men. In consequence they are shy, have a very low self-esteem and no hope whatsoever. This makes them even easier target to mental and physical abuse. Their life is a farce and they play the supporting role.
As the girls come here on a daily basis, the participants are somewhat treated as part of family. Now, being part of a family and especially one of a higher cast is a great honor and a sign of appreciation, love and respect. This gives the participants very much hope because they feel like they have a safe place to go to in case something bad happens. Also love and acceptance is usually rare in traditional families, especially towards women as they are seen as burden first and foremost.



5.2. What they became/become in the project

As I already said in 4.2.2., the changes in the girls are really big and wonderful. They all have their own personality now, a personality they can be proud of. To give you an impression of how our daily interaction looks like, and to show you what our girls became, how they changed from hidden dogs into colorful butterflies, I would like to tell you some little stories about some of them.
The third day of my volunteering here in Jodhpur started quiet surprising because the girls prepared some little gifts for me: some handmade bracelets and rings. I loved it pretty much, especially after Govind told me, that this is a sign of friendship.
I got one more ring today, from Seema, who’s always absolutely nice and lively, but when it comes to study, learn and speaking English, she seems to be a bit unmotivated and defiant. Maybe this is because for her the exercises we are doing at the moment are too hard. I have chosen some which are somewhere in the middle of the education level- as a result there are some girls for whom lessons are nearly boring, and some who have problems already with figuring out the theme. I have to try to change this tomorrow.
Pammi, is always quiet and reserved. Any time I ask her a question; she smiles her wonderful smile at me and says nothing. She is a slow writer and, as I said already, does not speak, but I’m full of hopes for her, because I know, if someone gives her some time she can do this. More over she is such a beautiful girl and she is doing wonderful art and craft. Her flowers are amazing and she works with the sewing machine, as if she had done this her whole life already!
I’m happy that Reena seems to thaw. It is strange, that I’m of the impression that she always walks in the shadow of her younger sister. She is a pretty girl and I’m sure, with the time, it will come out, that she is a great student. Like Pammi, she seems to be beautiful in her simplicity. Her sisters’ name is Soniya. She is our little beauty queen, and the one who could become a model, if we could convince her family. She has really pretty features and the type of natural elegance I always expected from the Indian women, and she knows this. Dusk complexion will be the problem, here people are into fair complexion and spend a lot on fairness lotions, creams and soaps. Besides she is pretty intelligent and one of my best students in class. However in front of Govind she plays the shy and reserved kind of woman she would never be in front of me. From time to time she seems to be offended without any reason and she is so cute and looks so funny in such a situation. All in all she seems to have a big heart, which they all seem to have.
Saraswati, one of our older women,mother of 4, was absolutely proud today, because she copied the vocabulary from the board without mistake. It was lifting to saw her face while I praised her.
The little Aida, who’s a member of our afternoon extra class and about 7 years old, had a pigtail today- so sweet- when I saw her first, she seems to be untidy and neglect , and she even did not look at me, but now, after such a short time she does not stop smiling and seems to be really cheeky. She did not leave my side today.
I met Meera today on the street, even 200 meters away from us, she started smiling. She is such a strong person, growing her children without a husband, no support by her family and she still seems to be happy.
One of our greatest hopes is Monica. Govind always says that, if one person will leave this project to get into an other, better world, it would be her. She is pretty intelligent and she wants to learn, she really does. Her dream is to go to the army or becoming a flight attendance. Govind said that she could make it into police for sure- I hope so!
Chandni is able to do great henna and her dance is wonderful! She looks so happy and hilarious, while dancing she never stops smiling and showing us her little dimples. Her mother was very pretty women,( with fair complexion)got murdered by her husband when chandni was 8 months old, she was raised then by her maternal. She is a very beautiful girl.
Deepika is one of our loudest girls! She often is that foolish that I have to admonish her. But in class she is always working hard and enthusiastic.
One of our girls has some little handicap with her right leg and arm. It is hard for her to walk, but nevertheless she comes from far away to our project. Her name is Sarika and she is pretty funny and such a sweet girl.
There are a few other girls who are absolutely lively, like Lasjwanti and Usha and some who are quieter, but also interested and hardworking. All our girls are beautiful in their own ways. I love to sit and watch them fooling around with each other, giggling and playing, talking about their favorite actors, like every young girl on earth should have the possibility to do so. Please have a look at the pictures.


6. Do I think there is a chance to change?

As I told in .5.2 and in 4.2 there has a big change and lots of little changes taken place in our project and with our girls.
The conditions changed- we now have better material than at the beginning. You can even see the changes in size of our classes, which becomes bigger and bigger.
We are now official registered with the government and people from all over the world coming to visit the family guest house, have a look at the project and often offer their helping hand.
But most important are of cause the changes in our girls (described in 5.2.). That they could set up some self esteem, self confidence, that they are now strong enough not to be knocked down by little things or problems with their family or inside and outside their community.
Of cause there are lots of things which will hardly change. Over all, the girls are members of an established and still working system, and which most of the members do not want to change even if it is absolutely inhuman in some points. But just the fact, that our girls are full of hope now, it is wonderful already. Big changes in their family life will not come for all the girls in this generation, but maybe they can give their children some of the openness and knowledge, they got from Govind and the Sambhali Trust project.
There are problems with their family members, the fathers who take their girls out of project without reason, mothers who need some credits and so on, but if you have the chance and possibility to change little things, there may be bigger changes one day.
As I already told you, in my eyes the changes are big already, so that we can and do hope that we will have some big goals soon.
Yes, I think there is a chance to change. It started with founding this NGO, the chances and changes grew since then and they are still growing, and we are so thankful, that people help to make our hopes and the girls’ dreams come true.


7. Appendix


7.1. Dignitaries visited and Supporters
- Volunteers and representatives from the veerni project, H.H. Raj Dadiji Charitable Trust
In Jodhpur
- Mr. Raja from Nothelfergemeinschaft der Freunde, Germany
- Brooksville fund (USA), Mr. Bill MacArthur
- Global foundation for humanity (USA, UK), M.S. Jaqueline de Chollet
- Global forum fund, M.S. Scarlett Glasson
- SI (USA) inco. Mr. Paul T. Harrison, M.S. Elisabeth Hughes
- SI (Arizona), M.S. Jennifer Oas, M.S. Niina Haas
- Lonely Planet Foundation
- Many travelers passing Jodhpur
- Special thanks to those who helped sponsoring children to go to school, buying us materials, when we are limited to resources, thanks to M.S. Mirjam Vandervan for her help and support.


7.2. Sources
- Daily, weekly, monthly and special reports of Johanna and Gemma
- http://sambhali-trust.org
- http://sambhaliinternational-usa.org
- http://sambhali.org
- http://www.durag-niwas.blogspot.com

The time-tabel of the project is not seen here because the blog wouldnt accept the font and tabel settings.







Girls pushing the car. Mever seen before.








Extra class for the participants going to school,every evening










Soniya Dancing and maybe modeling soon












Seema













Sarika










Saraswati













Dance class




































Extra class, Drawing in the notebook from the names of face parts










Pammi at sewing program










Monica












Meera












Sophie teaching









Discussion class








Chandani Painting on Sophie's hand (Henna)








Chandani Dancing











No comments: